Hide and unhide rows in Excel
The article today “Hide and Unhide rows and columns” is just a quick introduction to hide and unhide rows. The first section covers hiding and showing a continuous series of rows. There are several methods, but we keep it to one and a series of rows this time.
In addition is there attached a Excel spreadsheet to the article. The reason for this is to have a learning by doing session. The importance of this is the knowledge that it is easier to learn by trying. Therefore do the learning exercise witch is to hide and unhide January since it is not used.
Learn it; just by following our step by step learn by doing session.
Guide to Hide and Unhide rows and columns
The following step by step guide describes first how to hide a set of data in a Excel spreadsheet. Thereafter it describes how to unhide the same set of data. After that comes a learning by doing session.
- Start with selecting the rows you want to hide. Just click on the number in front of the first row to hide.
- Then use the mouse wheel to scroll down so the last row you want to hide is visible on the screen.
- Press down and hold [Shift] (Left corner above [Ctrl]).
- After that should you move the mouse cursor over the last row number to hide. The next step is to click it with the left mouse button.
- Right click then with the mouse either on the row numbers selected or inside the boundaries of the selected fields.
- Select then [Hide] in the pop-up menu.
- All rows selected should then be hidden.
- Select the last row before the hidden rows by left clicking the row number with the mouse. These rows are easily located by the gaps in the row number sequence.
- Press after that down [Shift] and hold it.
- Move then the mouse cursor to the first row after the hidden rows and click it with left mouse button.
- Move thereafter the cursor inside the frame of the selected data.
- Right click with the mouse and select [Unhide] from the popup menu.
All hidden rows should now be visible again.
Learning by doing; Hide and Unhide rows and columns
Then is it time to learn it by practicing. Bellow section gives together with the attached Excel spreadsheet a learn by do session to Hide and Unhide rows and columns in Excel 365.
- Download and open the attached workbook.
- Scroll to the top of the sheet, select row 5 with the mouse, done by a mouse click on the row number.
- Scroll down to the last row to hide (36) with the mouse wheel.
- Press and hold [Shift], select row 36 by clicking on the row number. Release [Shift] and all rows are selected.
- Place the cursor anywhere between row 5 and row 36 inside the frame of the selected rows.
- Right click with the mouse and select [Hide] in the pop-up menu.
- All rows containing January should now be hidden.
- Scroll in the sheet with the mouse wheel so row 4 is visible.
- Select row number 4 by placing the mouse cursor on it and press left mouse button.
- Press and hold [Shift], select thereafter row 37 with the mouse. Row 37 should be next after row 4 (row 5 to 36 was hidden above).
- Move the cursor inside the selected fields frame.
- Right click with the mouse and select [Unhide] from the pop-up menu.
- Your rows should now be visible again.
Our other stories
The article about WordPress plugins gives an introduction into WordPress plugins and especially the basic ones. These are the plugins used for maintaining the web site not for post writing. The contents covers general settings, security, SEO and social media.
In that article we also briefly touch upon site analyses done with Google Analytics, a theme we will come back to later in detail.